APAWS has cats of all colors and ages available for adoption. Although many people are drawn to a cat by appearance, the cat's personality is what makes him a good fit in your home. APAWS will work with you to make sure the cat you select will be happy with your family.
APAWS charges an adoption fee to help offset the veterinary care costs for the cat prior to adoption. The adoption fee, subject to change, is $100.00. This covers a FeLV/FIV combo test, age appropriate shots, spay/neuter and a microchip with registration. Typically a cat's vet care extends beyond the adoption fee. Donations from the public allow us to charge this adoption fee instead of the actual cost of the vet care.
Most of our available cats can be found on petfinder. Please use the tool below to find your perfect feline companion.
Once you find a cat please fill out our online application to expedite the adoption process.
- Select the cat you would like to add to your family.
- Fill out the Cat Adoption Application.
- An APAWS adoption conselor will review your application. During this time your references, including your vet reference, will be checked. This process rarely takes more than a couple days.
- Your adoption conselor will bring the cat to your home and the adoption contract will be filled out and signed. At this time you will pay the adoption fee.
- Give your new kitty lots of love! APAWS is available throughout the cat's life to answer any questions you may have.
February 20, 2014